Monday, January 16, 2012

quick and easy lamp shade makeover tutorial

Being in the military we move a lot. Sometimes it's a challenge to make all of our belongings look good in every new house we rent. So instead of buying new stuff, I try to simply change up the look of different things we've already got.
This is one of my quick and easy projects I did this last summer. I never thought about posting this little tutorial, that's why the picture quality isn't the greatest. I promise I will do better in the future! :)

This is all you need:
- a plain colored lamp shade
- any color/size rick rack
- glue gun or Elmer's glue

This is what I had to work with. A small, white lamp shade.


I started at the bottom, always gluing a few inches at a time. Take your time and make sure it's straight. When you get to the end, cut the rick rack a little longer first, then trim it back as needed.



Continue until you fill out the whole lamp shade, using different shapes and colors.




And voila! You are already done! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment